Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snow you say...

If you noticed the new banner, then you noticed that it snowed here in Albany. This is a big event. The last time it snowed like this was about 4 years ago. Of course, it never lasts....but that's how it is here in the Rainy Northwest...

I took advantage of the snow to practice a little shutter priority. I've been going through the 12-week Camera Course on 2peas. Great course--well-written, and easily understood. I'm glad to have found it. Download the pdf's!

Here's one with some "stop-action" on the snow:












And with this one, I was going for a blurry look with the snowflakes.
The 2peas blogger prompt was about what skill do you wish you had....well, I want to be a better photographer. I know that I played with shutter priority for these, and my white balance, and my ISO...but it's still mostly guesswork. I don't have all those numbers straight all the time in my head yet. I'd love to be able to size up a photo-op and get all the f-stops and shutter speeds right the first time, without having to keep checking the picture to see what happened. This is coming along for me, but it isn't a skill I have yet.
If you want to see more of my stuff, go HERE. My favorite shot of the day w/my neighbor's daughter is there.
TTFN!

No comments: