Saturday, July 08, 2006

Count your many blessings...

It's time for a little blessing countin' here!

I find myself in an "I want it" funk. As in "I want a better house, a nicer yard, a better scraproom....yada, yada, yada. All a bunch of junk.

Even though my rational mind knows this to be true, and knows that all, in all, I'm pretty well off and pretty lucky by a lot of standards, my "inner brat" is having one HUGE pity party! It's not easy when you are living to the ends of your income and doing all you can to keep bills paid and food in the house and give your kids things like tae kwon do and cable tv and there simply isn't any money left to redo the kitchen (that's literally falling apart around you), or even finish big projects like the big hole in your bathroom where the shower stall USED to be that stripped to the studs that you've been living with for over three years now... (and yes, we do have another shower, so don't worry about my personal hygiene, thanks...). It's hard when you read magazines to get ideas to work with what little you DO have and everything, even the "cheap" ideas still cost a couple of hundred dollars that you do NOT have. It's VERY easy to get depressed and concentrate on all of the things you DON'T have. Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine.

So, rational mind is taking over. Inner brat, go somewhere else! It's blessing counting time!

And that's the other side.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

I can totally identify with you. Love your new banner.

Anonymous said...

Dianne, I love the picture of your little boy hanging above the water! Any idea how you got the double shadow?
Betsey (betseyh@mchsi.com)

Cami said...

I know what you mean ;-)