Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just chillin'

It's been a full and busy week. We fed the missionaries on Wednesday. I made a cake. Here's what was left:

It was delicious. I used/adapted the Pampered Chef Mexican Chocolate Cake from their current Season's Best cookbook. I say adapted because I didn't have any sour cream and remembered that my Mom used to make an amazing chocolate cake that had mayonnaise in it. So I used that. And some milk. As you can see, it tasted very good!
We had a Valentine's party at school. Well, it was really a birthday party for one of our kids, but we had it on Valentine's day, so that counted. We made V-day pouches and brought little treats for everyone. I made Pirate valentine's for C. They turned out well and made him happy, which is really all that matters. The inside was stamped with "Happy Valentine's Day" and I wrote "from C"














I also got to take him to the "Gilbert House" as we call it. That was a lot of fun. I realized that while I spend a lot of time with him (because I take him to work with me) I don't get to be free and unfettered with him. I'm always walking that fine line between "don't spoil him 'cause I'm his teacher" and "ignore him more than I would otherwise because I'm his teacher." This outing made me realize that I need to spend time with him in places where I can just be his mom.

All in all, a good week.

No comments: