Thursday, November 10, 2005

Decisions, Decisions

Well, I'm thinking of shutting down my online store. We've been losing money the last few months as sales decline dramatically. And the truth is, with all of the options for online shopping--especially for scrapbooking supplies--I don't think I will even be missed. I'm kinda bummed about that--only because I thought I was doing a good thing with my store, and I like the idea that my store mattered to people.

I think I want to go other directions. For the past few months, I've been designing scrapbooking classes people can have in their homes. I've been working on the perfect compromise between a scrapbook store class and a "home party" class. I find that I really like doing that. I want to pursue it more--just not sure how to start. I've been getting good feedback from those that have tried it. Most of them are beginning scrappers or just occasionaly scrappers, and they like having the instruction without feeling the pressure to meet sales or get a certain number of bookings to get a prize.

Anyway, if you've been a customer of mine--would you miss me? I'd love some feedback. I'll probably move to eBay for some of my inventory--less fees for now. It's funny to be on "the other side" of things and looking to change a bit. Gives you a different perspective and makes you realize that life is nothing but a bunch of choices.

And that's the other side

No comments: