Friday, July 22, 2005

What a sad little blog this is!

I've been neglecting it so! Well, we went a total of 2850 miles and spent 50 hours and 20 minutes in the car for our round trip. We went to Orem, UT; Flagstaff, AZ, and Anaheim, CA. (Joel's Brother, My Parents, and Disneyland). I know the totals because our car has one of those little trip computers and a trip timer. We haven't had much use for the timer in the past, but it's interesting to use on long trips like this one. It was a lovely time, and I was very glad to get back to my high 70's, breezy and clear weather after the hot high 90's we experienced in AZ and CA. Of course, the next week here it was in the 90's, so I can't win. Ah well....

I've heard it said that you usually need a vacation from your vacation. This is true for me. I cam home and had kits to package and get out, pictures of samples to take, and a newsletter to write for the July CQ Kit Club (see my links to my store). Then I realized I didn't have anything picked for the August kit, and needed to get the pictures up for that. Then I sprained my ankle. Thankfully, I sprained it just after Harry Potter 6 came out, so I spent some time recuperating and reading. I got the kits done and out, chose the next kit, made some orders, packaged some orders, and still have a very sore ankle.

But we did get some beautiful pictures on our vacation. I'll post them soon. Glen Canyon (at the beginning of the Grand Canyon) is very beautiful and picturesque. I also got some fun balloon shots the morning we left Orem.

All in all, it was a fun family time. And that's the other side.

No comments: