Monday, July 25, 2005

I see scrapbook paper....

I've become paper obsessed. Mind you, I don't want to USE any, I just want to post it up all over my office like wallpaper. And everywhere I look, I see scrapbook paper. (If you really want to be creepy, say it like the kid from the movie "The Sixth Sense"...). Seriously. I was behind a gal at church and thought her skirt would make GREAT scrapbook paper. When we went to D-Land last month, I kept seeing paper color combinations in people's clothing. I have images of myself throwing paper all over the bed and rolling in it like in that Woody Harrelson-Demi Moore movie. (Only they rolled in money....)

It's funny, how we scrapbookers become hoarders. We see ALL THIS GREAT STUFF and we just HAVE to have it, so we buy it. And then we just have it. I went to a class taught by Darci Dowdle (of SS mag) and she talked about this jokingly, "If we USE it, then we don't HAVE it anymore!" Well, yeah! It struck a chord with me, and I have been on a quest to either use it up or not buy it in the first place.

But that was BEFORE Basic Grey. Before Urban Lily. Before Wild Asparagus, MOD, Pixel Decor, DCWV Retro Stack and others. I am a paper hoarder. I admit it, I LOVE PAPER. I love the smell of new paper. I love the feel of it in my hands. I love to cut it up and make things with it. I love to hoard it. I actually have bunches of this fabulous paper made by Freckle Press. This paper is really lovely, and the company is no longer in existance, so if I use it, I can't get any more!!! This is a quandary for me, because I want to use it, but if I do, it's gone forever. Choices and decisions, decisions and choices.

In the meantime, I'll just keep seeing paper everywhere I go.

And that's the other side.

3 comments:

Inking A Colorful Journey said...

You just keep right on with your paper obsession! Don't let anyone tell you that you're strange, different or need therapy. If they do, introduce them to a scrapbooking friend and they'll see that maybe they are the one that is strange and different!

Keep blogging too.

Jason

Michele said...

I'm right there with ya sister!! Can never have too much paper...and whomever says you can...well I think they don't really have their heart in it then LOL...

Primrose & Tumbleweeds said...

I am sooooo with you on this. I keep buying it and buying it. I do use mine though - gives me an excuse to buy more!