Monday, September 03, 2007

The Power of Paper

I had a wonderful "grandma" aged gal take my "Holiday Memories" book last November at Stampin'Cat tell this story at one of my classes this summer. She made the book for her 15 yo granddaughter. Earlier this year (late spring or early summer) this dgd had a big fight with her parents and decided to leave home. She'd made her grand exit, complete with door slamming and stomping off when she suddenly turned around, slammed her way back inside the house grabbed the scrapbook her grandmother gave her (the small "Holiday Memories" book) and then stomped and slammed out again.

"That's when I knew she'd be back" said her grandmother.

I love that a little paper combined with the time to lovingly create something has so much power.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

What a great story. We can only hope our SB will have that kind of power.

BTW: love your photo-header