Tuesday, August 14, 2007

How Embarrassing!

This was my entry for the HELLOmynameisHeather blog candy contest.

I was 18 years old and driving from my Jr. College in Idaho back home to Portland, Oregon. I had bummed a ride with two very nice guys that I didn't know at all, and, in fact, met just before we left for home.

Here's some backstory: my family moved to Portland just after I graduated from high school. I had lived in our new house for about six weeks before I left to go to college.

Well, as we pulled into the downtown area of Portland (I actually lived in a suburb...) I had the sinking realization that I didn't know how to get home. No idea whatsoever where I lived. Of course, it was at that precise moment that the guy driving said, "Okay Dianne, how do we get to your house?" I had to sheepishly admit that I didn't know. Thankfully, they were good sports about it, and decided to just "drive around" until I saw something familiar. A few large circles and a wrong turn later, we made it to my house.

After that, I made sure to have directions.

No comments: