Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Musings

I want to first say that I LOVE New Year's! The anticipation of new things to come and the changes I want to make always inspires and motivates me. I just love the idea of a whole year to do anything I want to in. I kinda feel the same way about Mondays--a whole week to either do things right or do nothing at all if I choose to. I could go on and on, but that's another topic for another day.

I've been writing in my journal a lot more to finish up an old one so I could start a new one--since I am the owner of bookbinding equipment, I made my own--and I took the time to read over it a bit. I've been keeping this same journal since the summer of 1993--so about twelve years. It seems that I only wrote in it when I was upset and wanted to complain about something. I'm a bit embarrassed to tell you the truth. I can imagine the scene now--my posterity discovers this journal amidst some family junk, and they open it eagerly, expecting some words of wisdom or at least a peek into my life. A few minutes later they'll throw it aside and exclaim, "What a whiny baby Great Grandma Dianne was!" It's true. I used the journal as whine therapy when no one else would listen.

That's another good reason to scrapbook. We may fill private journals with whining and complaining, but our scrapbooks count our blessings. We document the good, the things we are thankful for, the precious moments we want to remember. We scrapbook the funny, the miraculous and the interesting details of our lives. In short, we scrapbook the moments we are proud of. For me, scrapbooking is THE OTHER SIDE of whiny journal writing. Hopefully, my posterity will look at both--the journal and the scrapbooks, and get a fair balanced picture of my life.

So back to the new year. I have some ideas in the fire and I'd love to know what you think--One of my big goals this year is to empower women through scrapbooking. If you would be interested in some inspirational scrapbooking prompts and album ideas to come your way, let me know! Pass my blog along and let's see what people want! I'm thinking of a newsletter subscription type thingy or regular posts here on the blog. I want to make a difference in the world of scrapbooking and I want to start here. Anyway, I'm rambling....Just let me know what you think and what you would like most from your scrapbooking this year so if I can help you, I know what you need.

Any complaints you have can go in YOUR journal! (just kidding--tee-hee!)

And that's the other side.

No comments: